Veteran Service

Veterans Licence Plates

Licence Plates are regulated provincially.The requirements for Alberta may differ from other provinces and Territories.

Alberta Veteran’s Licence Plates can be used on vehicles with passenger class registration. This includes vehicles such as passenger cars, SUVs, station wagons, minivans, motor homes, light trucks and motorcycles.

No commercial class, trailers or off highway vehicles can have a Veteran’s Licence Plate.

RCMP Application

If you are a member of the RCMP and wish to apply for a Veteran’s licence plate, you must have served in NATO or as a member of the United Nations peacekeeping force to be eligible. At this time (2017) the requirements for Veteran’s Licence Plates remains unchanged.

Please send or bring your completed application, qualifying documents (copy) and cash/cheque or money order to Alberta-NWT Command office for approval.

Vehicles must be registered (can be jointly) in the Veteran’s name to be entitled to display a Veteran’s Licence Plate.


Information Page

Application for Veteran’s Licence Plates

Application for Military Service Information