The Service Bureau is at the heart of the Legion.
From the very beginning, after the First World War, the Legion’s purpose was to improve the lives of Veterans and the people they left behind. Today, we want to do as much as we can to maintain that tradition of service.
The Service Bureau is here to help:
- Serving Canadian Forces personnel
- Past and present members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- The dependants of all of these groups.
There is no requirement for Veterans to join the Legion to qualify for assistance. The Legion exists to help Veterans – not the other way round.
How We Help
- Processing disability and pension claims with Veterans Affairs
- Advocacy for improving services
- Investigate other support services
- Access emergency funds for veterans, their dependents and their families.
- Assistance with claims under My VAC Account or Veterans Affairs Canada
- Veteran Stories
- Assistance in accessing alternative funds such as:
- Last Post Fund
- Service Benevolent Funds
- Royal Canadian Navy Benevolent Fund
- Canadian Forces Personnel Assistance Fund
- Royal Canadian Air Force Benevolent Fund
- Allied or Commonwealth Benevolent Funds
- Poppy Fund Assistance
- Poliomyelitis Foundation – Alberta Chapter
The Alberta-NWT Command is committed to helping currently serving personnel and their dependents. Service Officers attend military bases in the Command and participate in military-sponsored events, which include:
- Second Career Assistance Network
- Long-Term Planning Seminars
- Professional Development Training
- Transition Meetings
If you are a Veteran who needs assistance, get in touch today — you don’t need to be a member to get help.
My VAC Account Veterans Affairs Canada